Friday, May 21, 2010

Using up Produce Idea

I really hate throwing away produce because we haven't used it enough time. Unfortunetely, that tends to happen a lot in my house. I'm trying to be more conscientious of this. So when I saw that we had a few tomatoes and some chopped up onion, I tried to figure out what I could make with them.

I went to my favorite online recipe site All Recipes. I love that they have a section that you can search for recipes by typing in the ingredients you want to use. Well, bruschetta came up and I knew I had to make it as I also had a loaf of french bread that was going to be stale soon.

Bruschetta Recipe
chopped tomatoes
chopped onions
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning  (I actually used the Partylite Two Sisters Gourmet seasonings)
1 loaf of French or Italian  cut into 1 inch thick slices

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, olive oil, and seasonings Place bread on a baking sheet, and top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until bottom of bread is browned. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
It came out amazing! I've been making it a lot and it's also very cheap to make. One loaf will make a lot of servings.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. All Recipes rocks! And I really love bruschetta ;). Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete